Monday, June 29, 2020

How to Paint and Reuse a Plastic Bottle


I know I can't be the only one who watches a lot of recycling videos, reads recycling blogs on Pinterest but ends up doing nothing. Most of the time it happens because we don't have all the materials that are needed to follow them.

A few days ago, I decided to recycle a few plastic bottles from our storeroom. But all the recycling ideas I found on the internet started with cutting the bottle in some way or the other, which was impossible without a proper cutter. This is why I dropped the plan of recycling and decided to paint the bottle and reuse it. Here I’m trying to pen down the steps I followed and a few ways to reuse the bottle.

 

Things you need:

1. An empty bottle

2. Permanent markers

3. Acrylic Paints

4. Paintbrushes


Steps:

Step 1: Take an empty plastic bottle. Clean it. Peel off the stickers. Here I’ve taken the 300 ml shampoo bottle.



Step 2: Draw something on the bottle surface using a permanent marker. Try not to draw anything complicated because the bottle surface is not flat. Try to make patterns as simple as possible. You can see how I’ve drawn some simple leafy patterns.




Step 3: Pull out the acrylic paints and start painting! Just make sure that your hand doesn’t touch the wet paint. You can also use permanent markers in different colours.

I have used white and golden colour because it goes well with the red coloured bottle. The choice of colours completely depends on you!

You can go to my YouTube Channel to see the entire process. Click on the following link:

https://youtu.be/T3fpRTK-B8s





Uses:

  • For home decoration purpose
  • As a paintbrush holder (make sure that the height of the bottle is more than the length of your longest paintbrush)
  • For holding artificial flowers (Pour some sand/pebbles in the bottle before putting the flower so that the bottle doesn’t fall)

I’m sure you guys can come up with more innovative reusing ideas! Let me know your ideas in the comment section!

Have a good day :)


No comments:

Post a Comment